Fighting Techniques of the Napoleonic Age, 1792-1815
Equipment, Combat Skills, and TacticsBook - 2008
Fighting Techniques of the Napoleonic World explores the tactics and strategy required to win battles with the technology available during the Napoleonic period (1789-1815), and points out how the development of such weapons technology changed the face of the battlefield. Divided into five sections it highlights:
- Individual components of the armies: the foot soldier, the cavalryman and the artilleryman, the equipment they wore and used, and how they fought together.
- Technology change, the emergence of military professionalism, and the impact these changes had on the battlefield.
- How units were used together on the battlefield, and strategic positioning of battle units.
- Specialist techniques and equipment developed for artillery.
- Naval warfare, from the ships in which the men fought to the weapons they carried.