The Blind Side

The Blind Side

DVD - 2010
Average Rating:
Rate this:
Michael Oher is a homeless African-American teenager who is from a broken home. Mike is taken in by the Touhys, a well-to-do white family who help him fulfill his potential. At the same time, Oher's presence in the Touhys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own. Living in his new environment, Mike faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome-- as both a football player and student. Mike works hard and, with the help of his coaches and adopted family, becomes an All-American offensive left tackle.


From the critics

Community Activity


Add a Comment

May 02, 2017

The Blind Side follows the true story of Michael Oher, a homeless boy with a broken past who possesses a myriad of potential which he discovers through the help of Leigh-Anne Touhy, a mother of two who refused to give up on him. It is inspiring to see how Michael Oher transforms from a struggling teenage boy to a football star playing for the NFL. This is an incredibly touching and eye-opening movie enjoyed by anyone of any age. It will truly never get old no matter how many times you watch it.
- @reginaphalange of the Teen Review Board of the Hamilton Public Library

Jan 14, 2017

What a touching movie. The relationship between Sandra Bullock's character and Michael shows that unconditional love doesn't require biology. Michael's development and opening up to his community is beautiful and demonstrates the power of love.

Nov 03, 2016

A joke of a movie! This movie made Oher look like a straight docile idiot. I recommend this film for people who believe and enjoy stories where only whites can save blacks from poverty. Sandra didn't deserve the Academy Award!

Jul 11, 2016

story of Michael Oher is superstar football mother Touhy's adopt son good movie
the blind side 2 soon coming

May 11, 2016

One of the best character studies based on a true story that I've sever seen. Michael is a taciturn, born from poverty, raised in apathy, who struggles between understanding life and living it. He is taken in by a Christian couple who proceed to teach him the meaning of the word family by giving him the love he never received as a child. Truly an inspiring film, and a wonderful movie the entire family can enjoy. Highly recommended.

Apr 20, 2016

THE best sports movie ever. Fantastic performance from Sandra Bullock. Great story and likable characters.

C20T11 Apr 06, 2016

Wow.! When I seen they showed the Joe Theismann Career ending Hit by L.T. in the beginning I was just in Grade School & getting to stay up a extra 1/2 hour on a Monday Night
to watch a little of the Game was a Real Treat, and I remember that happening like it was Yesterday even though it has been 30 + Years since I seen it or even thought about it.!
I didn't think the Movie was all that Good, but it was Ok, I Don't like Sandra Bullock at All & would never take out a movie she's in, I really borrowed it because of the comments everyone left, I think the Best part of the Movie was the End when the show the REAL PICTURES of BIG MIKE & the FAMILY that was pretty cool.!
I think anyone that would take this out would Enjoy it.!
Unless You were a Racist or someone named TRANNY_CLONES who's view of the movie sounds so Incredibly Pathetic, as far as Slaves for Your Information check the History Books ONLY 3% of Blacks were Owned by Whites During Slavery in the U.S. the other 97% were Blacks OWNING Blacks, Chew on those Solid Hardcore Facts.!

real_thing Mar 25, 2016

true story. LOVED IT!

Nov 17, 2015

Most enjoyable & heart warming. It kinda made me want to adopt a kid.

Aug 06, 2015

Sandra Bullock did a good job!

View All Comments


Add Age Suitability

Jan 14, 2013

waddle2 thinks this title is suitable for 10 years and over

Apr 11, 2012

cpbing thinks this title is suitable for 12 years and over


Add a Summary

There are no summaries for this title yet.


Add Notices

There are no notices for this title yet.


Add a Quote

There are no quotes for this title yet.

Explore Further

Browse by Call Number


Subject Headings


Find it at MCL

To Top