The Whoopie Pie Book
60 Irresistible Recipes for Cake Sandwiches, Classic and NewBook - 2011
Make way, cupcakes--it's whoopie pie time! Everyone is falling in love with America's classic sandwich treat--two soft cookies with a creamy filling. Now, baker extraordinaire Claire Ptak, a pastry alum of Berkeley's famed Chez Panisse and proprietor of Violet, her own baking company, takes the humble whoopie pie to new heights.
Here are 60 irresistible recipes--made with fresh, seasonal ingredients--that show home bakers how to make the components for more than two dozen distinctive, flavorful whoopie pies:
* Classic whoopie pies, including Chocolate with Fluffy Marshmallow Filling , Chocolate Chip with Chocolate Marshmallow Filling , and Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese
* Iced and glazed treats such as Walnut Whip , Coconut Cream with Coconut Swiss Buttercream , and Meringue with Chestnut Cream whoopie pies
* Topped and drizzled indulgences from Blackberry with Blackberry Cream to Banana Cream Pie with Vanilla Custard Cream
* Frozen and chilled varieties such as refreshing Key Lime Pie and Chocolate Mint with Frozen Mint Chip Cream
* Holiday-themed desserts like Easter Egg and Spooky Halloween whoopie pies--and much more!
More than 75 gorgeous full-page photographs showcase every recipe in this book, which also includes a handful of Claire Ptak's other not-to-be-missed sweet treats, including Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies and Easy Chocolate Macaroons .
The Whoopie Pie Book will inspire and guide every time the whoopie-pie urge hits!